Monday 2 May 2016

Rapper P. Diddy Retiring From Music To Focus On Acting

 It's the end of an era for Sean Combs. The rapper referred to over the years by a slew of nicknames, including Diddy, but currently going by "Puff Daddy" - is opening up about his retirement from music, opting to focus his creative energy on acting. Combs is currently working on his final album, No Way Out 2.

"I'm going to put out my last album and devote 100 percent of my time to doing films," he told Cigar Aficionadomagazine. "I want to stop at a great place. And a final album is a great place to stop. I want to take a victory lap, to do a world tour and really enjoy it one last time."

Perhaps with his own legacy weighing heavy on his mind, the 46-year-old entrepreneur got candid about his drive to make music that will stand the test of time.

"When I'm gone, only the songs will survive. I know I'm making music that will live on," he said. "I don't go into the studio just to be hot or to hear myself on the radio. Michael Jackson, Tupac, Biggie-- part of them lives on in their music, even though they're not here anymore. That's really deep, man. The only other thing like that is religion."
Combs released his debut album, No Way Out, in 1997. Since then, he's released a total of five studio albums and, most recently, one mixtape.

No comments:

Post a Comment